May 18, 2009

Getting to Know Me Quiz (kitchen-wise)

I found this quiz on How to Eat a Cupcake, one of my favorite food blogs. Please feel free to copy it, or post your comments!

THE GETTING TO KNOW YOU QUIZ

Metal or non-stick? Non-stick. Even though the pans are non-stick for baking, I still spray with cooking spray. Call me an alarmist.

Cast iron or stainless? We have both, but I use the stainless all the time. The Mister bought all the pans before I arrived here, he sure does like bright and shiny things!

Cutting board: silicone or wood? Silicone - one for meat, one for veggies. I have some trouble getting veggie stains (orange from the carrots, red from the peppers) out of it, even the dishwasher hasn't helped. Any tips would be appreciated.

Knife: carbon steel or stainless? They're shiny (see the comment about stainless), they're sharp. I don't know if they're carbon steel or stainless. They practically cut the food themselves. They rock!

Kitchenaid or hand mixer? We have a cute hand mixer, it has a plastic bowl attachment that holds the beaters. I don't have a Kitchenaid stand mixer, I have a Cuisinart - silver (see, another shiny one), I call her Bertha. Look how Bertha shines!

Cooktop: gas, electric, induction? We have electric, I'd prefer gas. I like being able to turn down the heat and watch the flame obey!

Side-by-side, freezer on top, fridge on top? Side-by-side, with the freezer on the bottom. I love it, I don't have to stick my head in the fridge and bend over to find things. And the freezer is awesome, nothing falls out, like stuff used to do when I had a freezer on the top.

Apron or whoops? I have three aprons. I have every intention of wearing them every time I cook...and I often remember to put it on AFTER the whoops!

Mashed potatoes: by hand, ricer, or mixer? I mash my potatoes by hand. It's a great tension reliever, and nobody gets hurt!

Sandwich or wrap? I like both sandwiches and wraps. I prefer multigrain bread or crusty Kaiser rolls.

PB & _________ ? Jelly, grape. Or Nutella...yummy stuff. It's like eating a Reese's peanut butter cup sandwich!

Pancakes: syrup or applesauce? Syrup, please. And butter. I also like fresh strawberries, but some have to be mushed a bit with some sugar so they're a bit syrupy.

Cake: scratch or mix? A mix will do in a pinch, but I prefer baking cakes from scratch. And no store-bought frosting here, either.

Chili: beans or no? I make my chili with beans, but if I'm eating Cincinnati-style chili mac, then no beans are necessary.

Napkin: cloth or paper? Paper. If I had a formal dining room and was entertaining the Queen, I'd use cloth and buy some fancy napkin rings and finger bowls.

BBQ: takes the whole weekend to make or take out? I prefer pork over beef, love the vinegary sauce rather than Texas barbecue. I wish we had a multi-burner gas grill so I could actually use indirect heat and cook it myself. I mean, who doesn't want to rub their meat? (snicker, snicker)

Chicken: white or dark? I like the flavor of dark better, but I eat white meat more often.

Ice cream: cone or dish? I'm lactose-intolerant, so I rarely eat ice cream. But I can be tempted with Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge chunk, which is best eaten right out of the carton!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!