June 30, 2009

Baked Noodles


An easy recipe, and a good change from potatoes or rice. Even The Boy, who hates all things noodle-y and pasta-like, eats this. Another recipe from Recipezaar, though I also found it on the bag of egg noodles (it was called Noodles Romanoff there).



Baked Noodles
  • 1/4 lb fine noodles (I've used angel hair pasta or egg noodles)
  • 1 cup cottage cheese (low fat is fine)
  • 1 cup sour cream (low fat is fine)
  • 2 crushed garlic cloves (I used the handy minced garlic in a jar)
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 1 T Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 dash Tabasco
  • 1 T chopped parsley
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • paprika
  1. Cook the noodles until they're tender. Drain.
  2. In a large bowl, mix the cottage cheese, sour cream, garlic, onion, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, and parsley. Add the noodles, mix to combine.
  3. Pour the noodle mixture into a buttered 2-quart casserole dish. (I used cooking spray).
  4. Top with paprika and shredded cheddar.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

6 comments:

  1. I never, ever thought it would come to this for you! June Freaking Cleaver indeed!

    Just call me 'birdbrain'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birdbrain,
    If you search the blog, you will find other tasty recipes for dishes I've prepared with my own two hands.

    I even made my own wedding cake and cupcakes.

    Sick, I know...but I AM June Freaking Cleaver, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I'm off to the store to buy lemons...not making lemonade. I'm attempting my first lemon meringue pie. God help me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. June,

    Don't get me wrong, I am envious. Cooking = microwaving, to me. If I'm lucky, your status as domestic goddess may rub off on me, that is if I'm not too old to learn (the old dog thing).

    Good luck with the pie. I'm on a lemon kick myself but it's restricted to Lemon Meringue flavored yogurt! The hardest thing is getting the darn tops off the containers.

    Birdbrain...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Birdbrain,

    Let's have a cooking challenge. You pick the recipe you're ready to try. I'll try it too.

    Think Dueling Banjos, but without the sexual overtones.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!