June 12, 2009

Friday Frolic through Blogland

Welcome to the first Friday Frolic through Blogland at the Ratio of Failures! I plan on making this a weekly feature. I find I like reading blogs - lots of blogs; I think they're blogtastic. According to blogherald.com, in 2008, Technorati stated that it was tracking over 112.8 million blogs, a number which does not include the 72.82 million Chinese blogs as counted by The China Internet Network Information Center (aka "Big Brother" - my opinion).

So, ya see, there are more blogs than you can shake an Ugli Stick at. And I plan on reading every single one of them! (hehehe, my delusion is showing). I'm curious nosy, I like to find out what folks are writing, and what motivates them to blog.

I will list blogs that I think are worth a second look. They may be funny, they may be topical. I decide...oh, the power!

And if you stop by a blog you'd like me to feature here, just send me an email at fridayblogfrolic (at) yahoo dot com and I'll check it out - and it may appear on a future listing.

Now, I'm not going to be focusing on blogs that already have tons of readers, though I might throw one of those in from time to time, if warranted. I am looking for blogs that catch the eye, or make ya laugh, or God forbid, make ya think. I've always been told thinking is good, though nobody's really convinced me that's true yet.

Since I'm not fluent in any language other than English (and that is debatable), I won't be reading the many wonderful blogs that appear in other languages. I mean, I could stumble through a Spanish blog, but those pesky idioms will get me everytime - something will, I fear, be lost in the translation.

Remember, this is all about me you! Send me your suggestions, whether they be food blogs, music blogs, gossip blogs, mommy blogs, etc. Whatever gets your big girl panties into a wad! I am NOT averse to shameless self-promotion, either, so send me YOUR blog, too...it just might make the list!

I'll be sure to send 'em a comment and let 'em know they're loved!

Here are this week's finds:

Good Stuff Maynard - a great recipe blog where YOUR favorite recipes can be shared! Read their posting rules, they're simple. You can also rate recipes that you try.

My Mom's Blog - not MY mom, but the blog of an 83 year old woman who is a real hoot! Millie Garfield is a treat - she doesn't even mind her son, Steve, videoing some of her exploits! She's sweet, she's smart - she's who I want to be at her age.

Enhance Life - Touted as 'real life wisdom for modern life growth'. This site, written by an IT chick, is not about technology. It's more of the "if I knew then what I know now" kind of stuff, though some of it is common sense, it is written with common sense. Check it out!

DTV.gov - Today, the US switched from analog TV signals to digital. If you don't have cable or satellite, you need to Get Ready so you can receive TV reception. I for one, don't have cable; we just scanned our TV, and now we no longer get several networks. We'll have to play with our antenna a bit.

If you can't afford an antenna, check out this Youtube video on how you can make your own inexpensive antenna using wire hangers (we're making ours this weekend, if we can snag wire hangers).

Did you know there's a new tariff on wire hangers from China, so now dry cleaners are complaining of shortages? Joan Crawford finally has things her way, too bad she's not here to enjoy it!


3 comments:

  1. Glad you found me. Thanks for the mention.

    I'll be stopping by, your blog looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks for the link and coming by to say hi! :) I like what you're doing here, very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hia...
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and the generous link you left here.

    I must say that you have a entertaining blogging voice. I didn't have to "make and effort" to read it. :-0)

    All the best..
    Shamelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!