June 09, 2009

Smooshed Cauliflower. Really.

I found this recipe on Dinners for a Year and Beyond . Since I don't have a food processor, and I forgot that we even had a blender among the gazillion appliances here, I didn't end up with the mashed potato consistency. Instead, the look of this dish reminds me of cheese curds, or "squeaky cheese".For more information about yummy cheese curds, click here. Now don't say I don't educate as well as entertain here!

If you'd prefer the mashed variety, follow the recipe exactly. I improvised by using the potato masher on the still-hot cauliflower (click here for a pic of the mashed dish).



Creamy Mashed (or Smooshed) Cauliflower


5 cups cauliflower florets (I used an entire head)
1 1/2 qts. water
1 clove garlic (I used minced garlic, from the jar, but the garlic is optional)
1/4 C Hellmann's mayonnaise
1/4 t salt

Steam cauliflower and garlic for 15 minutes or until tender; drain. Blend or food process cauliflower, garlic, mayo and salt until creamy (or just use the potato masher/ricer if you're lazy, like me). Garnish with pepper.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm...I love cauliflower and that sounds yummy, smooshed or mashed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!