June 15, 2009

We're Coming to the Wedding, Honest

Dear Erin and Daryl,
The Mister, The Boy and I are coming to your wedding. We wouldn't miss it for the world. See, the response card is right here. The Boy thought it should go in the recycle bin - no wonder I couldn't find it.

Oh, did you know that it's been raining all morning?

I know this must put me at the head of the list of Worst.Mother.Ever.

Would you like me to send it to you, once it dries? (I think your lovely pre-stamped envelope is also in this wet, sopping pile of mail). Or will this response be enough?

I love you, Erin. I can't wait to see you and Daryl start your life together as man and wife. I fear that my face may be as wet as the response card before the reception. (Don't worry, I'll have Kleenex).

Please let me know how to resolve this situation.

Love,
Mom

6 comments:

  1. I will mark you down for 3. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Erin. The Boy wants you to know it's not his fault - he says it's my fault because I told him to clean up.

    That'll show me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing to do with above story..lol "Rock Star" story was fun to read. Hope it wasn't all true,though... hope that I didnt intrude upon your day.. thanx, Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glenn,
    I assure you 'Rock Star' was pure fiction. This story here, about the wedding response, was true, however.

    And a comment never intrudes up on my day! Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nooo,,, I think you would be a good rock star. The part about the locket (One minute writer) made me NOT smile. ,Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. The locket has no basis in my life. I added it because of a post I read on another blog this morning. A father who left for good. And the daughter who reads his obituary online, never having had a relationship with him. It made me sad when I read it, too.

    Since my rock chick was 'angst-filled', I figured major abandonment was a fitting motivation for angst.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!