June 03, 2009

Your Assignment, Should You Choose to Accept - 6/4/09

Another writing prompt from MamaKat:

The Prompts:

1.) If you could cut back on something in your life that takes up your time what would it be? And what would you prefer to spend that time doing?
(inspired by Lady Isra)

2.) Share a recent adventure you had with a friend.
(inspired by Amy)

3.) Describe a memorable gift. Why was it important to you?
(Inspired by Kit Kat)

4.) If you could change career paths now and be anything you wanted to be...what would you be and why?
(inspired by Lauren)

5.) Kim's email:


In the St. Louis News-Dispatch paper, they had an article of a man who wrote his own obituary before his death, and gave it to his sister to post when he died. He summed life up in 45 words:

"Aviator, Artist, Brother, Cousin, Uncle and Friend. He spoke frequently of one true love, and the family and friends he missed for the past 25 years. And of those who had judged him so harshly, how they can forever pucker up to his posterior."

I know it's a morbid subject, but what about a prompt about what would one's obit say, with a word limit. You could stipulate that everyone died at 100, so we'd all be predicting what our future would be like.


So there you have it. Sum up life in 45 words. :) Happy happy.
(Inspired by Kim)


Since I inspired #5, I feel compelled to write about it:
What would my obit say, with a 45 word limit (excluding name, age, and funeral arrangements).

Cleaver, June Freaking, 100. Wife, mother, grandmother, homemaker, blogger, baker, slacker, nomad, scofflaw. Loved her family most of all. Loyal friend. Enjoyed books, chocolate and laughter. Hated housework. Survived by her 3rd husband of 49 years, Mister (how her selection skills improved), six children, numerous grandchildren. Blog will be moving to heaven.bloggersneverdietheyjustgetputonazipdrive.com. Services private. Celebrate her life by commenting on her blog and showing kindness to others. But comment on the blog first, ok?

And if you want to create your own tombstone, go here: http://www.jjchandler.com/tombstone/

20 comments:

  1. I love it! Especially the new blogging from heaven URL!

    Visiting from Mama Kat's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from Mama Kats...

    I just love it! Love the tombstone. I wish I had thought of that ... but if I do it now, everyone will know I copied you! Love your heavenly URL.

    Now I hate my own obituary. DAMN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenners - Thanks for your comments!

    I put the link at the end of the post so you COULD create your own tombstone. They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so go ahead, edit your post and put in the tombstone! Maybe we'll set some blog trend, and be famous...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this sooo much!!!

    You are waaaay talented!!!

    Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great obituary.....

    And thanks for the link.....but that you would gooogle it is quite amusing. :-D

    Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe I would ever leave this as a comment but I love your obit! LOL I wanna blog from heaven too (or the pits of hell, depending on how the rest of my long life pans out jk!). I like your style, I'm off to read more!

    I stopped by from Mama Kat's

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saundra,
    Thanks so much for the kind words. I've enjoyed this blogging thing more than is legally allowed, I fear. I know it sure beats doing housework!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Roxane,
    I read posts from everyone who leaves a comment. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for contributing a GREAT writing prompt. It was strangely gratifying..... but I'm already thinking of things I wish I had said.

    Apparently, 132 words wasn't even enough!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heaven holds a special place for comment whores, I'll see ya there :) Sorry to refer to you as that in my first visit to your site, I don't really think you're one, well other than when it comes to asking for comments, but I'm one too....so it's not mean. I'm going to stop now and understand if I'm blocked from your site.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are too much. Loved the new URL and the tomb stone was great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way too funny! Love it!

    Thanks for sharing. Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! The new blog name is for when you "go" is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. If you live long enough being a slacker is hard to avoid. Just pick a decade or so and after living for 100 years, you could afford at least 2 decades of slacker behavior. That was a great obit. and an awesome tombstone!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Visiting from Mama's
    I LOVE it! The new website, the request for comments. ('Cause that's all we bloggers want, honestly)

    ReplyDelete
  16. now that is an awesome obit!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree the picture just makes the post. Sounds like you lived a good life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mama Kat,
    From your keyboard to God's ears! Thanks so much for the comment, and I love the writer's workshop prompts!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is "freaking" hilarious!!! I love the new website, but I hope you aren't blogging from there any time soon! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!