The Boy wanted some baked goodies that included chocolate chips. So I went to Recipezaar, and made this Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe. Unfortunately, I was fresh out of whole wheat flour, so I only used all-purpose. Lucky for him, I had mashed bananas in the freezer, just begging to be used.
The Boy gives this 5 stars!
Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 banana, mashed and ripe (approximately 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup milk
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Butter 12 large muffin pans well or line with paper muffin cups.
- Sift together flours, and baking powder.
- Reserve. Combine banana with brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, milk and melted butter.
- Stir in dry ingredients only until blended.
- Quickly stir in chocolate chips.
- Do not overbeat. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups.
- (An ice cream scoop works well for this). Bake 25 minutes or until browned slightly.
- Cool on racks.