July 04, 2009

The Mister and I Have a Play Date!

On Friday, The Mister had a day off from work. The Boy was still at camp. So the adults had a play date!

We went to Missouri Botanical Garden in St. Louis. The Garden is celebrating its 150th birthday this year. Shaw's Garden (as it is affectionately called by the locals) is a 79 acre oasis in the city.

Henry Shaw is the man behind this colorful mast
erpiece. He donated the land as well as the adjoining Tower Grove Park to the city.

The weather was warm and sunny. The gardens are gorgeous. I took lots of pictures, and none of them do the plants justice. I wish I was better at this whole photography thing.

We stayed about three hours, and saw only a fraction of what they have to offer. I have a bum hip, so I had to sit down every so often to rest my weary joints. (Getting old isn't for sissies!) If my right leg hadn't come practically out of the hip socket, we'd have stayed longer. The Mister wants to me to build up my pain threshold stamina so we can walk all day long. Have I told you he's a big meanie sweetie?

If you ever get to visit St. Louis, you really should make a point of checking out the Missouri Botanical Garden.

I really liked the Rainforest in the Climatron (the world's first geodesic dome greenhouse).

Here's some of what we saw:










1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! My husband and I visited the Botanical Gardens when we honeymooned there in May '08...we absolutely loved it! We definitely want to go back again. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures!

    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!