August 08, 2009

Is the Mister Trying to Tell Me Something?

The Mister went shopping today. He often does the grocery shopping, saving me from having to venture out into the cold, cruel world. Since I've become June Freaking Cleaver, I most often prefer to just stay at home (not that that means that the house gets any cleaner the more hours I spend here...it does not).

In he comes, bags of goodies in hand. And this book. He
said he bought it just for me. Isn't it nice that he thought of me? Read on.

I can't help but think that he didn't purchase the
book because I like to read, or for the lovely cover - I think it's the TITLE that made him take out his wallet and plunk down hard-earned cash. In some weird way, 'The 'Splendor of Silence' spoke to him.

It is a fact that I have 50,000 (yes, 50 THOUSAND) words that I must utter in a day. The Mister has acknowledged
this fact, and has even agreed to listen to every.single.one.of.them - just not all at once, thank you.

He's been working ten hour days, that leaves approximately five hours a night, five days a week, for me to overwhelm him with the news of the day, a report on The Boy's behavior, and provide The Mister with wise and witty tidbits and snippets of information that will make his life more meaningful (that's the way I see it).

And I haven't even touched on all the whining, nagging and complaining that completely bypasses my brain and immediately flows from my mouth.

It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it.

Do the math: That's 10,000 words every sixty minutes The Mister is awake. And some nights, as he's drifting off to sleep, I am still
prattling on (poor man). And to make it even worse, I even talk in my sleep.

On Saturday and Sunday, The Mister doesn't go to work, so I have many more hours to fit in all the drivel I want to spout (and all the words I've saved up during the week).


Maybe that's why The Mister volunteers to go shopping...for The Splendor of Silence.

I'm thinkin' that these books might be on The Mister's shopping list in the future:






Note: I'm participating in Jenners' Take A Chance Book Challenge. 'The Splendor of Silence' will be my 'Judge a Book by its Cover' selection. Click here to check this great challenge out!



6 comments:

  1. Fun challenge...I'm going to join it too so we can both be latecomers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I started blogging. I got a lot of stuff to say, and no one around here wants to hear it.

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is good. Hopefully it is a decent book. AND if will give you even MORE to talk about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny!! My Marine is the same way. After he works a 16-hour day, the last thing he wants to hear is about how the dog threw up on the carpet again and how our oldest daughter drew on our youngest daughter. LOL!

    ~ Jennifer
    http://thetoyboxyears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny if it wasn't too true. I'm glad you're reading the book...can't wait to see what you think about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been post hopping around your place tonight and can't keep quiet any longer-- this was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!