Our granddaughter, Jordyn, started Kindergarten yesterday. She told me about her first day (over the phone):
- She played with Play-Doh when she arrived.
- There are four seats at her table, but one was empty.
- The boy who sat by her at lunch told her to stop talking to him - she said, "He was SO rude!" But she sure liked looking at his 'sprinkle brownie' (it was chocolate confetti cake). She wants to start buying her lunch (she thinks they'll serve the cake every day).
- She met "the coach". They did jumping jacks (her favorite), she jumped rope, and she mumbled something about walking and hula hoops. Lost in translation, I guess.
- Her teacher's name is Ms. Sparkman - and yes, she's going back to school today.
- My daughter Shannon got 'volunteered' by the teacher to be a classroom mother. Fun stuff, that.
Our granddaughter, Desiree, will be starting 7th grade next week. New school, new friends. She's been to orientation, I know she'll have a great year.
Our grandson, Nate, is also moving to a new school. He'll start his 5th grade adventure next week, also.
The Boy starts 8th grade next week. We're hoping he maintains some self-control and is able to transition to the middle school in January.
Two weeks from today, we will be flying to Raleigh for my younger daughter's wedding. Erin and Daryl are tying the knot in a ceremony outside. I have heard lots about the reception menu - and looking forward to sharing the good times.
- We will be running errands on Friday before the rehearsal. Afterwards, a dinner will be catered under a pavilion.
- We have a 'girlie girl' outing before the ceremony to do the mani/pedi hairdo thing.
- I'll also get to see my oldest brother and his wife, and my daughter Shannon and family. Jordyn may tell me more about school. Cameron, my four year old grandson, will probably talk my ear off. A good time will be had by all.
- The Mister and my ex (father of the bride) both share the same first name. One of my goals is to shout out "Hey (fill in the blank)"...and see if they both turn around. And any time spent with the ex and his wife is just gravy (greasy and bad for you). It will be the first time The Mister and the ex get to meet...won't that be special?
We are lucky to have a family that is healthy and happy - and hopeful that these happy beginnings will be among our most cherished memories.
We are blessed.