September 03, 2009

Gazing at the Moon

When I am missing loved ones, Fievel Mousekewitz comes to mind.

No, I am not Russian, nor are we a family of mice.

When we're separated, whether it be by distance, circumstance, or difference of opinion, it's this song that does it for me.

I think it's because the movie, An American Tail, came out about the same time my first marriage ended - and it was the first time my kids were away from me. I told them to think of the song, and know that I was also looking at the sky.

Fievel's version is cute, but I really prefer the Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram version.

And yes, it does help me to think that we're sleeping underneath the same big sky.

Who do YOU miss tonight?


4 comments:

  1. I love that song as well and think of it when I think of my family back home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely love that song! I also love how music can transport us to a different place and time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am missing me. Where the hell did I go?

    Love this movie also, and we still quote from it...."Rewease the secwet weapon", "E pluribus onum" or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THIS MOVIE! I watch it all the time. When it came out I had a big stuffed Fivel and I carried it by his tail and sang "there are no cats in america" over and over. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!