September 06, 2009

The Mister Makes Magnificent Meatballs!

Since we're all about consuming what we have in our well-stocked cabinets and freezer before purchasing more food at the Cleaver Compound (unless it's REALLY a bargain), The Mister decided it was time to make some meatballs.

I surfed over to Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen site, and found this recipe.

It's one speecy, spicy meat a balla! For those of you too young to get the joke, watch this.

If you aren't a major fan of garlic, you may want to cut down on the amount you add. Ditto for the red pepper flakes.

Baked Spicy Italian Meat-a-balls

  • 2 pounds Ground Beef
  • ¼ cups Bread Crumbs
  • ½ cups Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 2 teaspoons Dried Basil
  • 2 teaspoons Parsley Flakes
  • 1-½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
  • 2 whole Large Garlic Cloves, Minced
  • 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
  • ⅓ cups Milk
  • 1 whole Egg
  • ½ cups Bread Crumbs
Preheat oven to 350º. Beat egg lightly. Mix all ingredients, reserving the last 1/2 cup of bread crumbs in a large bowl. Using a scoop or a spoon, divide out equal portions of the meat mix and roll into balls. Roll into the reserved 1/2 cup bread crumbs and place into greased mini muffins tins. Bake at 350º for 25 or so minutes until bread crumbs begin to brown and meatballs are cooked through.
Serve atop a pile of spaghetti and sauce with a side of garlic toast or cheese bread.
The Mister did an excellent job (as usual); these just may be the best meatballs I've ever sunk my teeth into.
Mangia, mangia!

5 comments:

  1. We really should get together. At this very moment I am simmering spaghetti sauce I plan on canning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! I love being married to a man who cooks too. But this week I'm the chef. I'll give the garlicy meatballs a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never made my own meatballs, but that sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy and that a GREAT !! I have tasted them..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!