September 09, 2009

Second Chances

Today, my stepdaughter Tammy is getting married to Frank. Last night, I attended Tammy's bachelorette party. There were no scantily clad male dancers, no outrageous behavior...but I left before 10pm. Maybe the craziness started after the oldest.person.in.the.room went home.

There was tasty Mexican food, glorious margaritas, and lots of talk. I thought I'd feel out of place amongst these mostly 20-something young women, but I felt welcomed.

Today, we'll see each other again, but we'll be dressed nicer. We'll witness Tammy and Frank professing their love and promising the whole 'til death do us part' stuff.

The Mister, The Boy and I will be there.

Second chances don't come every day. Second chances at love should not be wasted. Here's hoping they're not.

The Boy has been read the riot act - there will be NO shenanigans at this reception.

Even he deserves a second chance - at least, that's what Tammy tells me.

8 comments:

  1. Good luck...hope everything goes great for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to this wedding going much smoother than your experience a couple weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you all have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck, I'm sure it will all go smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really hoping that it goes well. Tammy sounds like a wonderful person.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!