November 17, 2009

The Pioneer Woman Comes to The Gateway City

I'm waffling about going to her book signing tonight. My gorgeous stepdaughter Tammy has agreed to accompany me (and I don't even have to feed her first).

They've already changed the location from a downtown St. Louis bookstore to a church (that I'll only find thanks to my GPS). It'll be dark, it's supposed to be rainy, and I bet I'll have to drive around looking for parking.

I've seen pictures of the hordes of folks (primarily women) who have shown up at previous signings - I'm not big into crowds. One blogger said that she waited in line for four (count 'em, 4) hours to make it to the front of the line.

I think I'm only willing to wait that long to see my newborn children/grandchildren, or possibly, a head of State.

I'd like to go just to say I went...maybe I'll stay home and say how glad I was I didn't go.

What to do? What to do?

I've come to a major decision here.
Now, when I become a famous blogger with a book, I promise to visit each and every one of you personally, so you don't have to inconvenience yourselves. You can even open the door in your jammies.

8 comments:

  1. Stay home. So you got to say you say a minor celebrity. That will buy you exactly what? And then there's the cost ....

    Unless of course there is an intrinsic reason for going -- in which case nothing else matters. Go. Have fun -- and enjoy the inconveniences. They're usually where life is really happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely be in my PJ's!

    But I'll make you cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would probably stay home. I'm not into crowds. Or cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd go. I'd go with you.

    And if you had a book, I'd totally buy it.

    So...didja go?! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did NOT go. I'm sure I wasn't missed.

    And if I really want to buy the book, it's only $13 on Amazon - half what I would have paid if I had gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll so read the book and I think you should make it an absolute MUST that everyone come in their pj's to the book signing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, did you end up going? I would so love to meet her. So so love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Twilight vs. Pioneer Woman?

    Definitely Pioneer Woman.

    {I'm not going to see Twilight so not much of a competition}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!