November 04, 2009

Your Assignment, Should You Choose to Accept - 11/5/09

It's Thursday, the perfect day for participation in Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop. Check here for all the fun!

I decided to focus my efforts on prompt #5: Write a love letter to the object of my affection

Dear Dy (may I be so bold as to call you by my pet name for you, my love?),

I think I began to fall in love with you just a little even before I met you in person. The Mister told me how great you
were - even he held you in the highest esteem. Although I was a bit skeptical that you could be as wonderful as all the stories I heard, I decided to give you a real chance to prove yourself to me.

Oh, I'm so glad I didn't rush to judgment. Sure, you are flashy, you are loud. But I have to admit that I love watching you work - and I nearly swooned when I found out how easy it was to push you around. I hope my confession of my penchant for dominance over you isn't off-putting; just let me say when I turn you on, you turn me on, baby.


I feared that The Mister would be jealous of our time together. But he's strong, like you, he didn't feel threatened of the time I spent with you. And it was naughty of you to suggest that The Mister participate in our games - you are such a dirty boy sometimes!

You always come to my rescue when I need yo
u, my heart flutters with happiness every time you help me. And yes, dear, I do hear your humming - it lets me know that you enjoy taking care of things put before you.

I hope you can forgive me for hurting you, my sweet love. I understand that you needed to go away for help - I wept a bit as I drove you to the office. And my heart leapt for joy when I received the phone call a week later when it was time to pick you up and bring you home!

You know how I am uncomfortable with PDAs - it w
as so unlike me to pick you up and hug you like I did before you rested in the van! I was THAT happy to see you! Life became so awful and messy without you to lean on. Dy, I don't know what I would do without you.

I hope our relationship remains loving and stable. I don't know how I would cope without you in my life.

I heart you.

Love,
June

My Dy

15 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! Thanks for the laugh today! (if you two need a place to "get together" my house is always open!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaawww....now THAT is love! I'm that way about my DVR. I love that little booger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shed a tear....such incredible love you have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh. I want one so. I can't even look at the picture. I must click away before I become overwhelmed with LUST!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun is it if the vacuum doesn't fight back? {*grin*}

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a hard time justifying the price on one of these ... are they really worth it? How are they around corners and steps? I gotta know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is hilarious and wonderful! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was awesome, I need to get one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I KNEW IT! As soon as I read Dy because you see I LOVE my Dyson too. I had to beg and plead with my husband and tell him that although expensive it would be worth it. I have never regretted bringing Dy into our home. Mine is not the lovely model you have pictured, but I still love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww...I love it! And if I hadn't read it backwards and saw the photo I wouldn't have had a clue.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!