December 09, 2009

A Day of Doll Wiggling!












I'm way behind in telling about The Boy's activities of late. He's been a pretty good egg, except
for one giant outburst that I promised to keep out of the blog.

He's been doing well enough to earn a few privileges back. One of our recent outings was a meeting of the Puppet Guild of Greater St. Louis - he's a Junior member.

We met at a local library for a show by a guest
puppeteer, Bob Nathanson.

The Frog Prince was great fun!


Here are some pics (taken from Bob Nathanson's site:




Bob Nathanson wrote a book about being a puppeteer. I bought a copy for The Boy; the Doll Wiggler was even nice enough to autograph it for a fellow doll wiggler.

The book had The Boy laughing out loud. The reviews I've read on Amazon back up his high recommendation with 5 (five) stars. Even folks who have no background in puppetry enjoyed Diary of a Doll Wiggler: A Bob's-Eye View into the Wacky and Wonderful World of Puppetry.
You can check it out here.

2 comments:

  1. Boy this brings back some very old memories of Mr. Rogers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The term "doll wiggler" is one of those that sounds dirty but isn't ... at least I hope not!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!