December 27, 2009

It's Complicated...and Funny

Yesterday afternoon, my stepdaughter Tammy (the gorgeous one) and I went to see It's Complicated. We went to a matinee performance that was viewed primarily by folks 40 and over (Tammy probably felt like a child).

Why a matinee? Cuz it's cheaper. And I timed it so it wouldn't interfere with my nap time - this was one movie I wanted to stay awake for.

I liked the film. It made me laugh, even about wrinkles and the ravages of gravity on the human body. The audience laughed so loud at some points, I missed some of the dialogue.

Even though I had some reservations about going to see a movie that was about marital infidelity, and thought there had to be a bad guy/villian in the plot, I found myself liking both Meryl Streep's character and Alec Baldwin's character.

The movie was rated R - I promised Tammy I'd put my hands over her eyes on the raunchy parts, but there weren't any (going into the theater, she said, "Ewwww, I'm going to an R-rated movie with my MOM!"...hahaha). The rating is due to a scene about smoking pot.

And I want to move into the tile-roofed house Meryl Streep lived in - it was beautiful. And Steve Martin's nipped and tucked, lifted and sucked face? Not so pretty, if you ask me.


4 comments:

  1. Cool. I'm so glad you wrote about this. I usually avoid R movies, but I can avert my eyes for pot ;-) and I've been curious about this one. Glad you had a good time out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review. I had wondered if this was a good movie. We do afternoon movies for the same reason!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if this was worth it or not ... hard to tell from the previews. But I kind of trust Meryl...

    And sad about Steve Martin ... I thought he was more honest than that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to see this one. I might go by myself while Hubs and boys are skiing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!