January 22, 2010

I'm an Advisor/Weaver...What Are You?


Don't we all want to be our best selves? I know I do, but I find myself falling short of that goal most days. Unless we're talking housework - in that arena of my life, I am such an underachiever, I am confident I would get a pink slip if I was being paid for doing this job.

I found a cool site to help women to realize their full potential.

Marcus Buckingham is the author of several books that focus on finding our strengths. You can find him on Amazon here.

I found a cool test on his web site to help each of us determine our strengths.

I took the Strong Woman test here.

Here are my results:


My lead role is identified as Advisor:


Your thrill comes from knowing that you are the person others turn to for the answer. You don’t necessarily want to be the person who actually makes the changes happen. Rather, what excites you is being valued by others for your insight and your judgment.

My best quality:
Your ability to find a solution.


Always:
Search for data to support your advice.


Be careful I:
Don’t get frustrated by other people’s failings.


Your smartest career move:
Any job where you’re paid to be opinionated.


My supporting role: Weaver. Here's what it said about me:

You see the world as a web of relationships, and you are always excited by the prospect of connecting two new people within your web.

My best quality:
Your genuine curiosity


Always:
Trust in your web of relationships.


Be careful I:
Don’t push people together who shouldn’t be.


Your smartest career move:
Any job where you’re paid to speed up the connection between people.


I figure this result gives me permission to tell groups of people what to do.


Now, do I use my power for good, or for evil? Mwahahahahaha!

Let's test it right now. Ok, ladies, take the test and let me know your results in the Comments section. You know you want to!




5 comments:

  1. My lead role was Influencer and my supporting role was Pioneer. NOw I just need to find me a new career.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I love stuff like this! Gonna go take it and be back soon to report results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My lead role was teacher (no surprise, thats what I was going to college for back in the day) and my supporting role was motivator...both very fitting I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a Motivator/Pioneer.

    Not sure what to do with this now ... perhaps I'll get a bunch of people to go homesteading with me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a motivator/weaver.
    Interesting test - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!