January 10, 2010

What's New at the Cleaver Compound

We have a taxing busy week here at the Cleaver compound. Here's the lowdown:
  • The dryer quit drying (we've had it just over a year). So I'm off to the laundromat today with tons four loads of wet clothes. I'm taking The Boy with me, he can help tote clothes (and try to stay out of trouble - we've almost been kicked out of laundromats in his checkered past). Dryer repairs are scheduled for Tuesday morning - here's to hoping they come and fix it when they say they will...and thank goodness for extended warranties!
  • I'm starting my job at H&R Block tomorrow morning, where I will be earning less than what I get for sitting on my lazy ass and blogging I earn on unemployment. Oh joy. The Mister has already started working, he's on the 1pm to close shift - so I'll be dishing up dinner twice each night for the next three months.
  • The boy has a court hearing on Wednesday. The prosecution wants to order a new psych evaluation for The Boy (before his trial in February). This despite all of the medical records that have been provided in the discovery portion of the trial proceedings. The Boy wanted to know if they were trying to find out if he's criminally insane...heheheh.
  • The Boy also has a shrink appointment and a therapy appointment this week - so I'll be missing days of work in my first week. Don't I make a good first impression?
So now that I've once again joined the ranks of the underpaid, I probably won't be reading or writing much this week (or any other week until tax season is over).

I expect to suffer from blog withdrawal - do they have meds for that?

Time to do some more tax classes online...wish me luck.


Oh, as far as the paycut for a new job, it seems I'm onto something: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34792552/ns/business-personal_finance/

7 comments:

  1. Good luck! That seems kind of lame to say, how about Go Kick Ass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate is always good for what ails you.

    Good luck this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things are busy there...good luck with the new job and hope everything goes well for The Boy on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did taxes for the Blockheads last year. I'm taking online classes, and I'm sure there are many tax updates I need to learn about.

    It doesn't really get busy until the first week of February, when the W-2s show up in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nooooo. Don't leave. oh ok, working, good cause etc... I'll still be here when you get back (on my lazy...)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd say have fun but none of it sounded fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!