2.) The strangest dream ever…
(inspired by Amo from Where A Woman Shakes Her Tablecloth.)
3.) Write a list of 10 things that can be done to stave off boredom.
(inspired by Lourie from CA Girl).
I venture into the Man Cave and annoy The Mister with inane chatter and witty observations about life. He is rarely amused...or maybe he is, it's hard to say...even while he responds to my nonsense, he rarely takes his eyes off his monitor. Dejected (and often pouting), I withdraw.
- If I'm bored during a long drive (or a long flight), I make up stories in my head about other passengers. Or I try to list what might be in their wallet or purse.
- I do crossword puzzles, or Sudoku.
- I think about what each room of my house would look like if I could walk on the ceiling (I've been playing this mind game since I was a child, when I would lie on the bed, and hang my head over the edge and imagine my feet on the ceiling).
- I try to remember the name of every homeroom teacher I had during school. Then after I give up on homeroom, I start over with teachers for individual subjects in junior high and high school (no small feat, I graduated in 1975).
- I whistle random songs - I love to whistle!
- The kids and I used to play word association - saying the first thing that came into our head after hearing a single word...and see how long we could go before we ran out of original responses.
- We'd get the Sears Christmas catalog and have to pick ONE item on each page that we'd like to have - it would get funny when we got to the underwear pages!
- When I really should be sleeping, but am not quite ready to give up yet, I annoy The Mister as he's trying to go to sleep. I use silly voices, ask dumb questions, pull on individual chest hairs, and just generally make a pest of myself. My favorite activity when The Mister is just beginning to snore is to use my best "golf announcer" voice and whisper how The Mister is doing in our local "Purse and Puff" (his snoring technique) championship. We laugh A LOT - if the neighbors could hear, I'm sure they'd think that we are either crazy, or are tickling each other silly. Can you see why I love this man? He has the patience of a saint!
- I search on the Interwebs for whatever phrase comes into my mind. I hope nobody
from CSIever tries to extract old search terms from my hard drive, or I'll be considered a person of interest for the latest heinous crime spree in the tri-state areaembarrassed. In fact, let me clear my history right now.