March 08, 2010

A "Dilly" of a Weekend

We had company this weekend. Borrowing from Kevin Costner's line, "If you build it, they will come"..."If you buy it, they will come"...

I did.




And they did. Three of the grandkids spent the night on Friday. Think jigsaw puzzles, 500 Rummy and DVDs.


And the ever-loving kosher dill pickles? I bought two jars before they arrived - Nate and Desiree polished off one complete jar.


Here are The Boy and Nate posing with a partially consumed pickle.


Here's Des sporting her dashing "picklestashe" - I think it will become all the rage amongst middle schoolers.

Eli refused to pose for a picture, and had no comment on the pickles. He's temperamental like that.

All in all, everyone was well behaved (but The Boy STILL needs to further lessen his insult to conversation ratio), everyone slept, and they chowed down on Grandpa's breakfast Saturday morning.

5 comments:

  1. How fun! I love it when the grandkids are here ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear about an Erma Bombeck fan.

    Pickles, eh? Who knew it could be so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeez ... who knew pickles were so popular with the young ones these days?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum I love me some dill pickles!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!