March 12, 2010

Fun and Games with Jenner - 3/12/10 - "Reminiscing"

I've decided to play along and join Jenners' Fun and Games with Jenners meme today. The goal? Tell a story with song titles (entered in bold).

I decided to take a page from my DayTimer from 2009 (like I'm actually organized enough to have one), and tell you about our activities for the week leading up to Easter Sunday, 2009:

Sunday, April 5
Gee, it's Palm Sunday already. Another "Sunday Morning Coming Down". I know I'm didn't go to church, as I'm "Losing My Religion", and The Boy thinks "God is a Lie" - which makes it embarrassing for me to go (he's already announced to the congregation that church is a complete waste of time before).


We had plans to visit the grandkids. I called and got "No Reply at All". I guess "Come Monday", I called again - they were too busy with soccer.


Monday, April 6
The work week began anew. It was just another "Manic Monday" at the Cleaver compound as we scurried around getting ready. I know The Boy was muttering "Monday, Monday" as he waited for the school bus, like he does every week.


Tuesday, April 7
I had a very busy day. I worked, then late "Tuesday Afternoon", I drove The Boy to a doctor's appointment. Our "Road Trip" took us a couple of hours, overall. Before I knew it, "Tuesday's Gone" - I had so many things I didn't finish on my to-do list.


Wednesday, April 8
I was "Waiting for Wednesday" all week. I took a day off from tax preparation and had "Breakfast at Tiffany's". Then I visited the "Candy Man" and purchased a cartload of chocolate and jelly beans for Easter baskets.

After school, The Boy whined about going to "Ruby Wednesday" for dinner - no matter how much I tried, I could not convince him that he had the name wrong. So I got "On the Road Again" and showed him his mistake - and enjoyed a refreshing Cobb salad.

When we got home, there was a message on voice mail that said that his next doctor appointment was "Six Weeks 'Til Wednesday"...what a strange way to phrase it (the receptionist is not a native English speaker).



Thursday, April 9
Work again. "Thursday Afternoon", the car broke down...I had six calls from "Thursday's Child" Parent Autism Support Group, wondering where I was. When I finally got back on the road, as I passed the local church, I realized it was "Holy Thursday" - and I had so many Easter-related things left to do.


Friday, April 10
Ah, "Black Friday". The Boy found the stash of candy, and polished off two chocolate bunnies before lunch time. He kept calling me at work (the number's "867-5309"); I'm sorry he knows it. But he did end every call with "I Love You", so I was glad about that. 


I came home from work and saw a large bouquet of tulips (my favorite) from The Mister. So I jotted down "Friday I'm in Love".


Saturday, April 11
We went to an Easter egg hunt "Saturday in the Park". The Boy had a great time and wore himself out. Since he was "Running on Empty", we came home early and dyed eggs. 


The Mister must have decided that "Saturday Night's All Right for Fighting", because we had a big argument. What can I say? Sometimes, "Love is a Battlefield".


Sunday, April 12
I was happy to see that "Morning Has Broken", it was a "Bright Sunshiney Day". I turned on the radio in the kitchen, so I could hear an "Easter Song" while I cooked Easter dinner. I had all the windows and blinds open, so as I worked at the stove, I had "Sunshine on My Shoulder". For a minute, I thought I had burned the ham, but I realized that it "Smells Like Teen Spirit" - and I knew that The Boy was "By My Side"...and I reminded him to put on some more deodorant.

Well, that was the wrap up of last year. I wonder what "Amazing" stuff I'll have to report this year?

7 comments:

  1. *STANDING OVATION*

    No segue here, but did you read "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time"?

    On the other hand, maybe you just live it.

    It's good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once upon a time I used to have a Daytimer... :) LOVED your version! You ROCKED it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used all the days of the week songs! So far, I think everyone (except me) has used Love Is A Battlefield. Cracks me up! Ms. Benatar would be proud. My favorite line was the one with the Teen Spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I love that! Just so you know, your link over at Jenners just takes you back to Jenners. Hope you're having a nice morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. I got a little nervous in the beginning because I thought you were going to use Easter related Hymns. I was relieved that I know most the the songs!

    Thanks for stopping by and reading my song title story and I am glad it made you laugh. I have been giddily awaiting Friday since Jenners announced the post idea on monday. Love this idea! And I am completely enjoying reading everyone's stories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you did a great job! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's true. Love IS a battlefield. I saw Pat Benatar in concert last summer, and she told me it's so...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!