March 25, 2010

No One Ever Asked Me - Mama Kat's Writers' Workshop - 3/25/10

Time again for Writers' Workshop! Visit MamaKat for all the prompts and responses!





No one ever asked me if I was tired of it all
You know, being a single parent
Of even an average kid
is hard.


But when you have a kid like The Boy,
tired is all you ever are.

No one ever asked if they could lend a hand
when tempers flared and rages ensued.
When frustration (his and mine) were at their peak.


No one ever asked me if I needed a break,
if I needed a nap, or wanted to go out
By myself.


No one ever asked me how HARD it was
to take care of all of HIS needs,
as well as my own.
(Mine were mostly neglected).


No one ever asked me if I needed a hand,
if I needed a helper, a mate, a friend to talk to.

That was then...


Now, no one ever asks me how much 
The Mister means to me,
how much he does to make my life easier - better.


You don't have to ask now, I'm telling you.

After 11 long years by myself...


Thank you, Mister, for asking all those questions
and providing much needed love
attention
answers
and relief.

And let's never forget the chocolate, shall we?


I love you more than you'll ever know.





13 comments:

  1. That was incredible! Seriously so sweet! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this. So sweet and heartfelt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw! that was so nice! It made me cry... granted that is fairly easy to do in my state of mind lately, but still!
    I'm glad that you found someone to share it all with! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. as a former single mother, I can empathize with so much in your poem. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was great - I love how honest had sincere it was. Sounds like you've found a great man :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that. Everyone needs someone to ask the hard questions and be willing to listen to the answers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was absolutely beautiful and touching. Thank you for sharing such a BIG piece of your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, that is so sweet! Amazing the difference a good man can make.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This made me a bit teary. I'm so glad you found the Mister.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't imagine being a single mom - y'all are heroes. every day, I think to myself how lucky I am to have a good hub. I'm glad you found your mister!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing post! Doesn't it make a world of difference when you have a man who makes you a priority and not just an option. I hope that one day I'll find such a man.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!