- viewed the source of blogs that have features I want (is this cheating?)
- read a lot of blog tip sites (Thank you, Blogger Buster)
- looked at oodles of backgrounds and templates
- played with more gadgets and widgets than I ever knew existed (just what is the difference between a gadget and a widget, anyhow?)
(Is it weird that I settled on two separate elements here?)
The Mister, who has a degree in Computer Science was marginally helpful (go figure). I think he wanted to see if I could figure it out.
AND I DID!
It probably took me much longer than some folks, but I think I finally got everything to work.
- I have tabs now! (I still have to update 'My Favorite Blogs', but the rest are falling into place nicely).
- You can print individual posts!
- I got the post date to appear in a font that wasn't as big as all outdoors!
- The postmark feed link at the top actually goes to Google Reader...woohoo!
- I recreated the LinkedWithin stuff I had before.
- And the problem that started ALL of this customization? My Blogger navigation bar disappeared when I uploaded the new template. However would I post new posts, or read blogs from my dashboard? What a travesty! I
let some site tell me how to fix itfigured out how to regain the navigation bar, all by myself! Aren't you proud?
During this XML and HTML-induced frenzy, I neglected the following chores:
- Meal preparation
All in all, I'd say it was a successful weekend!
Hope you think it was worth the effort!