March 26, 2010

Paula Deen's Chicken and Dumplings

I'm such a slacker. I should probably lose my June Freaking Cleaver designation here. Why, you say?

I haven't posted a recipe in ages.

And now, to prove my slacker status, I'm going to post a video for Paula Deen's Chicken and Dumplings. OMG, they are to die for! You didn't actually think I would put a real recipe here, with directions and stuff, did you?

Oh, and to add even more slackerocity, in lieu of actual dumplings where'd I have to make them from scratch and stuff? I used Grands biscuits, cut into quarters.

So sue me.

This dish got the gorgeous stepdaughter seal of approval...I bet it'll get yours too.

Just a few tips:
  • You'll need to skim some fat from the top of the liquid before adding dumplings (she leaves that step out, that wench).
  • Paula sells her own House Seasoning. I seasoned mine with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder (Paula's ingredients? Ingredients:Salt, Granulated Onion, Granulated Garlic, Black Pepper.) There, I just saved you $7.99!
 







Since Hulu has said the video has expired, I'm providing the link for the recipe on FoodNetwork.com.

5 comments:

  1. Or run to Cafe Rio and grab dinner.

    Your way works, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we all love Paula Dean around here... is it sad that my kids love to watch the food network as much as sprout? : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new blog layout :) I also like the recipes that Paula Dean offers but I would not be able to eat anything she made...because she's always sticking her fingers in her food! I just have a thing...it grosses me out lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool new blog layout! Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got the background at Hot Bliggity Blog, and the template at Falconhive.com.

    And now all my widgets are missing, I have to recreate them...I am in Blogger Template Hell.

    But it's pretty here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!