April 23, 2010

Cleaver Compound Update

Yesterday was my birthday. Befitting any princess, I received a card with a tiara from The Mister, as well as some kisses (Hershey's) and cookies. I also got some cute cards. The Boy's teacher and classmates made me cards to celebrate the day. It's all good.

Last night, Tammy, the gorgeous one, and I, attended a showing of the movie Oceans. I loved the film - the cinematography was stunning. 

I also verified my status as a MEAN OLD LADY when I asked some rather chatty young people to tone down the talk during the movie. Next thing you know, I'll be wearing a housedress and sandals with white socks, and yelling at the neighbor kids to "stay outta my damned yard!"


Give me time, I'm closer to that look than you know.


We got excellent news last night! Nancy, my sister-in-law for almost 47 years, is in REMISSION! I wrote about her cancer here. Nancy and I share a birthday...we're special like that.

This evening, the stepkids, spouses and children will be here for cake and ice cream. I baked a Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Cake, and Pioneer Woman's Strawberry Shortcake Cake. I sure hope they taste as good as they look!

And tomorrow, The Boy will swim for Special Olympics. If he's done early enough, we'll be going to the Missouri History Museum so he can participate in the National Day of Puppetry activities.

And finally, the next time you think that the spouse and the kids are making too many demands on you...watch this (from Oceans):


Oceans - Fish Frenzy
Uploaded by LadyBlossom. - Classic TV and last night's shows, online.


5 comments:

  1. Hey, Happy Birthday, June!! I'm sorry to be a day late! How were the cakes?? Sounded simply divine, my dear! << Did that sound old lady enough??!!
    I can comment on your old-lady-ness, because I'm a tad bit older than you are!! :o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great Birthday!
    And I hope the Boy does great tomorrow!
    Can't wait to hear the update!
    Congrats to Nancy! I am still waiting for that wonderful saying "You are cancer free"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember that "old" is always ten years older than you are.

    See? Don't you feel better?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Nancy's remission! I'm glad you had a nice birthday and I bet the cakes were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an excellent birthday all around!!! I would like to offer you a present: choose a book or two of your choice from this list of books that I will be giving away this year. If they are not already promised to family members or other bloggers, I will send them to you when I'm done reviewing them! : )

    Here is the list:http://www.findyournextbookhere.com/2009/12/2010-reading-from-my-shelves-project.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!