June 12, 2010

Saturday Centus - 06/12/10

Saturday again, so I'm giving Jenny Matlock's Saturday Centus another spin. The purpose? Using the prompt provided, create a story using a maximum of 100 words of your choosing.

The prompt this week?

It’s true, the smell of freshly mowed grass can stay with you for years, for decades, 

There Goes the Neighborhood



First, you should know that I’m practically blind. Maybe because of this Darwinian adaptation of the species thing, my other senses are finely attuned.

My sense of hearing is excellent. Barking dogs drive me nuts, and street traffic just sounds louder than it used to. Riding lawnmowers, in particular, give me a raging headache.

My sense of smell is also pretty acute; it’s true, the smell of freshly mowed grass can stay with me for years, for decades,  no matter how much dirt I dig up to mask the stench.

Ya know, just this morning, the neighbor’s mower gave me a migraine. I tell ya, it's tough being a mole in suburbia. 
 

22 comments:

  1. Oh, this is great! I guess that there could be worse things than being a mole. Not sure what, but there must be:) Great twist on the prompt! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job. (she says clapping her hands)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creative abilities are as sweet as that grass is "stenchy."

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creative! I would never have thought of a mole!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried thinking about the smell of grass with my eyes closed & it is stronger! Well done Moley!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband would be in love with the visual of a mole with a migraine.

    Loved how tunneled underground with this prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What in the world made you decide to be a mole? :) How clever! I enjoyed...thanks!

    Malisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a delightful twist on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job! Very creative twist at the end. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was amazingly brilliant. You have a very creative mind to think of making the story about the mole. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This has to be the funniest one this week. great end!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome and totally unexpected!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wasn't expecting the mole - great take on the prompt, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh I did not see the mole coming! Very good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my I was just thinking what an amazing woman to be a blind blogger then I find out your a mole VERY clever loved it

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your imagination is wonderful! Having the grass cut at eye level....... No wonder the poor mole had a migraine.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely ... as always.

    And freshly cut grass reminds me of the smell of semen. Weird, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very funny ...nice, unexpected...Peace and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aren't you clever? What a great twist and unusual use of the prompt!

    I really love this link up!

    Thank you for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You know how people sprinkle LOL all over blogland? Well, I ACTUALLY laughed out loud. THAT was brilliant. Just gotta ask, have you seen G-Force? If you're writing about moles, I think you'd like it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!