Sunday Stealing: The Dark Side Meme
1. You’re building your dream house. What’s the one thing that this house absolutely, positively MUST HAVE? (other than the obvious basics of course) A fireplace...nothing like sitting near the fire in the evening, reading a good book, or just getting lost looking at the flames.
2. What is your dream car? At this point, I'd be happy with a car with working A/C - it's hot out here!
3. What is your favorite website that isn’t a blog? msnbc.com - I am a news junkie.
4. iPhone 4 or Droid, which do you want? Neither. I have a prepaid cell phone, but don't ask me where it is, I haven't used it in a month. Maybe I don't want a kid calling me, asking me where the potato chips are.
5. When you’re feeling down or lonely or just generally out of sorts, what do you do to cheer yourself up? Read! Either blogs I really like, or blogs that I think need some work -- both of them get me in the mood to write and really think about how good my life is, instead of being all poopy about stuff.
6. Tell me about something or someone that you love that most people seem to hate. This sounds horrible, but I'd have to say The Boy. There are some people (who shall remain unnamed) who do not.like.The.Boy.at.all. Shame on them.
7. What do you want to be when you grow up? When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a mom and a writer - and I've done both. Now, I'd just like to find a freakin' job!
8. Would you go on a reality show if given the chance? No, thank you. I get all the reality I need right here - and reality shows aren't reality, they are carefully edited pieces of fluff that are designed to elicit emotional responses.
9. Who was your favorite teacher when you were growing up. (Grade school, Middle School, Jr. High or High School only.) In elementary, it would be a tie between Mrs. Campbell and Mr. Leaf. High school - definitely Mr. Skiavo.
10. You get one pass to do something illegal or immoral. What are you gonna do? First, if I chose to act on this, do you think I'd tell YOU? I think not!
11. What were you doing 10 years ago? Ten years ago, I moved to Pittsburgh, PA, and began a new adventure. The Boy started Kindergarten (which brought many more difficulties and challenges), then he was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder (and later, Asperger's). Since then, life has never been quite the same.
12. By this time next year, I ... better have a freakin' job with benefits! It's been years, I tell ya!
13. Do you think the United States will elect a female President in your lifetime? Do you think this would be a good thing? I only have two or three decades left in my lifetime (oh, that sounds sad), but yes, I believe we'll elect a female President before I'm taking a dirt nap.
14. Which fictional, TV show character you would shag anytime? I have never been the type of gal to entertain such thoughts. I'm just too pragmatic, I guess.
15. What is your greatest pet peeve? Tailgaters - back the eff up, will ya?
16. Tell me about your most recent trip of more than 100 miles? Just yesterday, The Mister drove us in his Mystery Machine to a unique eating establishment for an early Father's Day outing. Funny thing was, he had no idea where we were going, he just had to drive and go where we wanted him to...but I couldn't get him to stop TAILGATING! Geesh!
17. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus? Dictionary - I already have a word in mind, I check it in the dictionary to see if it means what I think it means - and it usually does.
18. Do you have a nickname? What is it? June Freaking Cleaver, only in blogland - although, it has seeped into my real life from time to time.
19. What are you dreading at the moment? Cleaning...and that is the case EVERY moment.
20. Do you worry that others will judge you from reading some of your answers? Nope. My blog, my rules, my posts. Get over it.
21. In two words, explain what ended your last relationship. Arrogance and possessiveness.
22. What were you doing this morning at 8am? Sleeping.
23. Do you have any famous relatives? Nope.
24. How many different beverages have you drank today? One so far, Coke Zero, my beverage of choice.
25. What is something you are excited about? In SEVEN days, The Boy will go to camp, and the grownups will rejoice and relax!
26. When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group? I don't recall.
27. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? OMG, bed head extraordinaire!
28. What were you doing at midnight last night? Writing a post for Monday, about our Father's Day adventure.
29. What’s a word that you say a lot? Forgot - that's the actual word. For some reason, I often "forget" to start housekeeping tasks.
30. Who is your worst enemy?