July 31, 2010

Saturday Centus - 07/31/10

Every Saturday, Jenny Matlock posts a writing prompt and we get our creative juices flowing.

The catch? You must write no more than 100 words, and keep it clean.

For some reason, each week, I seem to channel O. Henry, and want to include a twist in my tales. It's such fun!

The prompt appears in bold, below.

Go ahead, give it a try and link up with Jenny! Read all the other submissions - who knew there could be so much creativity in just 100 words?

Conviction

I'd never been giddy at an execution before. Working on the "kill team" (that's what WE called it at the Federal prison) was a stressful occupation; nervous tension was a given. The condemned was strapped onto a gurney in the execution chamber. Richard Stewart Wilson would die by lethal injection at 4:45 this morning. 


Mildred Angela Kincaid had been brutally strangled - I should know - I killed HER, first. That's why it meant so much for me to push the plungers on the two medications that would end HIS life today.

They'd never catch me.


I love my job.



22 comments:

  1. Ooooo... INtriguing. I will have to give this blog a glance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I don't know whether to laugh or report you to the police LOL. This was so clever and so unexpected. I don't know how you come up with these sometimes or the way your mind works but keep it up, ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a suprise take on this prompt! I am reeling from the twist here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remind me not to meet you in a dark alley! Wow! I'm all goose-pimples!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deliciously EVIL!!! Oh my gosh, is this great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. JFC! I love you! Not in a bad, stalking, someone's gonna need to push the plungers on me...

    but...

    ...in a WOW, you are an incredible writer and I'm so honored that you share your incredible talent on this meme.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And now I love you even more.

    Yet I am relieved you live in a different state.

    ReplyDelete
  8. MWAHAHAHA...

    The *other* side of June Freaking Cleaver! I love it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! What an insidiously creative and depraved mind you have! I'm so jealous! Great story, June!

    ReplyDelete
  10. June, great writing. I enjoyed the unexpected twist.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh.My.Word. I was not expecting that!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooooo and ahhhhhhhh all to hell and back. You spun this like an evil spider.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, creepy and good. Because creepy IS good in my book. Awesomely executed unique idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Creepy, creepy, creepy!

    And I love it...

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm just gonna go along with all of the above.
    Creepy.
    Great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I bow before you. You totally rock at these!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh twisted! I like! Love the "I killed her first" reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woo Hoo, Woo Hoo! Another twisted mind in the group! I absolutely loved it! Your best work to date...if you don't mind me saying. Well, I said it anyway!

    I just posted my tardy contribution for the week. Hope you stop by and read!

    Malisa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Scary scary - kind of wishing I hadn't read this one at night! Well done

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!