August 14, 2010

Saturday Centus - 08/14/10

It's Saturday, and time, once again, to participate in the writing meme, Saturday Centus. Jenny Matlock (or a volunteer) comes up with a prompt. The goal is to write something that does not exceed 100 words (not including said prompt). Oh, one more thing: keep it clean, there are kids in the room, ok?

Play along, link up, and read all the great submissions!

The prompt appears below, in bold.

Christmas Wishes**

I listened to them from my perch on the top step and didn't know whether to laugh or to cry...

Ethan and Phillip, five and eight years old, respectively, were sitting near the Christmas tree, plotting. Too bad they hadn't learned that plotting generally involved furtive whispers. I listened...

"I'm gonna see Santa tonight, I just know it!", Phillip exclaimed.

"I don't want him here! I don't want his lousy toys! I HATE CHRISTMAS!", Ethan complained.

"Ethan, what about the DSi you asked for?"

"You heard the song, Phillip! It's almost bedtime, and you know Mom always sleeps on the couch. Santa's gonna kiss her tonight, I just know it! And I'M not gonna let it happen!"



**This is based on a true story. When The Boy was five, he didn't want me sleeping on the couch on Christmas Eve - because he didn't want me kissing Santa.
 

14 comments:

  1. I love this!! I love how protective The Boy was of your virtue ... or Santa's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny ;-) Kissing Santa..oh my, what a nightmare that must have been for a little guy ;-) Peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. MWAHAHAHA! I love childhood innocence, especially when it's coupled with the literal way they can take things. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute and interesting that is a bio piece too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really funny! And pretty darn cute, too.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kids say the funniest things and you captured this brilliantly.

    BTW, I didn't volunteer. I was recruited and pretty darn horrified. Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny. I guess he believed in the song I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus, huh? LOL. I loved this more because it was true.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute story! You gotta love the literal translations sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable and funny. Such a sweet story, kids take everything to heart. Loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet story and a funny family memory...(well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonder what he would have done if he thought you were sleeping with Santa? Oh, my! :) I love the innocence of kids! What a delightful story!

    Malisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a funny and cute story! Kids can say the most hilarious things sometimes. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it when someone writes for real :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. JFC, I love this story.

    Your memory keeping is as superb as your story telling.

    Thank you for linking!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!