How many times The Boy has fallen asleep in class - zero. Yay! We modified his meds the day before class started, I think we may have a good mix. Outbursts in school - zero (at least that's what he's said) Telephone calls from school/Coach Teacher Sir - zero. Yay!
- Times he didn't eat lunch - one. The line was so long, he didn't have time to eat. He's improved on getting in the line faster already. AND he's eaten the same food everyday - a soy cheeseburger (I don't think he realizes there is no meat there), and a piece of pizza.
- Neighborhood creeps who have insulted him in class - one. A girl from our neck o' the woods called him gay, and offered to set him up with one of her guy friends.
- Number of times The Boy tattled - one. Timing is everything. The health teacher was going over the class rules about proper behavior at the same time that The Boy was being insulted. The teacher was talking about how students need to treat each other - The Boy raised his hand and asked if being called gay is one example of bad behavior. When he got an affirmative answer, he ratted out the girl.
- Number of girls Coach Teacher Sir took outside for a little chat - one.
- Number of old class friends who are now in The Boy's class again - one. He was very happy to see his friend Amber (from his first year in the special class).
Again, no outburst at what he perceives as a major slight.
The Boy talked about going to the first football game and DANCE tonight...but changed his mind. He hates football. I suggested that he needs a guy buddy to go to a dance with (for wallflower solidarity), and that he needs some additional practice in proper boy/girl social occasion etiquette first. He agreed.
Where is The Boy, and what have they done with him? I was beginning to think that UNTIL he told me to quit asking him questions about what went on in school - I was annoying him.
THAT'S The Boy I've known and loved all this time.
He further reports that he's doing all his work at school. I have no way of verifying this because Coach Teacher Sir is NOT using the point sheet that had been in place as part of his IEP. I'm sure we'll be discussing this whenever we have our meeting.
All in all, he's been super, and his week was a great success...unless I hear otherwise.
Maybe The Boy is growing up a bit.