September 04, 2010

Saturday Centus - 09/04/10

I'm participating in Jenny Matlock's Saturday Centus today. The goal? Using a pre-defined writing prompt, create a witty/funny/macabre/thought-provoking (pick one or more) story using no more than 100 words. No pictures, no "blue" language.

The prompt today? It was a dark and stormy night. 

It was a dark and stormy night. 

I nodded off listening to the cacophony from the sky - pelting rain and booming thunder seemingly acting as white noise.

A loud crack of thunder startled me awake.


A final quick check of hair and clothing - time to get to work.


"Dave, when is this weather going to let up?"


"The rain will finally be gone tomorrow morning, Chet. We'll have a partly sunny day, temperatures in the upper 80s by five p.m. Back to the news after these commercials."

I shouldn't get any hate mail for THAT 10 p.m. forecast...everyone loved the weatherman when the sun was shining.
 

16 comments:

  1. That is so true! Hooray for the coming sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did this up with a twist I didn't expect. NICE.

    G'night Dave.
    G'night Chet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I checked before I wrote mine! I was going to go to work! didn't think of the sun though! Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very true, very cute! Love the weather man angle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smiling at your clever take. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little nod to Huntley and Brinkley lol. Great Centus.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh ... the weatherman twist. Didn't see that coming! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made me laugh, JFC!!! I can count on you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. June! I love this. I'm on my husbands computer which is totally obnoxious but this post alone was worth signing on here!

    Great twist.

    Tight writing.

    Thanks for linking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was great, June! As usual you did yours from a completely original angle and it worked so well! Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thoughts of Huntley and Brinkley bring back some warm memories. They reigned over a time of innocence. I miss that.

    I just posted two assignments in one post. I'm bad, but come visit me anyway!

    Malisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very clever take on the prompt! From what I understand of television news show sets, nodding off would not be that far-fetched :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very original doing the prompt from the weatherman's point of view

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love a change in point of view. It makes for smart writing!

    Thanks..........cj

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha such an unexpected twist! I loved it! And you did an amazing job painting us a picture at the beginning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!