October 22, 2010

The Impact of Yesterday's Post

Yesterday's post, about fearing for The Boy's safety, was difficult to write. It brought back a lot of feelings and memories that I thought were buried deep enough to stay buried.

I was concerned that I'd get pity, and I don't want that.

I want to stress that I believe that all of us parents would also do much as I have done - that parents, in general go the extra mile to love and protect their children. 


I'm not that different from any of you, and I am not particularly gifted or special or loving as a mother (just ask my older girls, I'm sure they would regale you with my shortcomings!! lol).

I got supportive comments, and I really appreciate that...a lot. I am constantly pleased by the support bloggers give each other!

And I also got an email from M. Jay, who is a blogger in South Africa (or "Some Efica", as her son says it).

Please check out A Some South Efica Mommy - and not just because yesterday's post touched her.

5 comments:

  1. We're all just a band of blogging brothers/sisters, ain't we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you daughters would most definatelly have wnderful things to say too. You are a great mom. Thanks for the mention :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost wrote about the safety of a loved one, my 19 daughter. It was too emotional for me, so I went with the wardrobe malfunction.

    I commend you. You push yourself. You set an example for the rest of us to do the same. I think it's how we keep growing ourselves.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You say that but I do think you have to go the extra mile that most of us parents aren't asked to run. Please give yourself credit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another blog that I followed sent me to this post tonight http://vicky-bell.blogspot.com/2010/10/letter-to-my-daughter-in-wake-of.html I totally cried and then thought of you since I had just read your last post about an hour before I got to that one. I think you're a very strong woman.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!