October 01, 2010

It's So Hard to Say Goodbye


 


Yesterday morning, I gave you one last hug
So sad to see you go
I don't know how I will make it through the day without you

But life's drum beats on, I must endure
Your absence
Leaving a void in my world

I know you'll be back, but I fear it won't be the same
Between us
Already, I find that I didn't commit you completely to my memory


We'll both find others to fill the lonely nights
Poor substitutes
For the love we have together
 
My heart aches, my tears fall down,
Staining my silk blouse


I miss you




The Mister is on his out of town assignment. I miss them both.


They'll be back tonight, and repeat their departure for work on Monday.


I've donated my beloved laptop to The Mister.

Don't worry, upon our reunion, I'll be checking to see if he's besmirching my Internet history with inappropriate material.

(I kid).

I already know that The Mister will be spending his free time wasting his free time playing games online, just like I do reading compelling text to increase his already impressive scope of knowledge, in an effort to solve all the world's problems. 



The Boy and I will hold down the fort at home in the interim...and eat a lot of food that is high in saturated fat, and low in nutritional value.


My first big task? Mastering the intricacies of the alarm clock so The Boy can get out of my hair for several hours continue to take advantage of the totally inadequate stellar Special educational system in our school district.

3 comments:

  1. I love your posts....sounds so much like my life used to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do suspect this is a more a goodbye to your laptop than The Mister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those games can be so intellectual! LOL! I'm sure he is putting your laptop to good brain enhancing use.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!