November 21, 2010

Saturday Centus - 11/20/10 - A Day Late, and Many Words Short

I'm a day late with Saturday Centus. So I thought I'd try it today. I made the mistake of reading Jenny's submission (which was perfection), first.

All good ideas flew from my head. The prompt appears below, in bold.

Here's what's left:

"Pardon me", said Tom T. Urkee, after he let go a burp which smelled suspiciously like chestnuts. "I'm stuffed."


Go see Jenny Matlock to read her submission, and all the other brilliant folks who gave this prompt a whirl.

14 comments:

  1. Shakespeare said, "Brevity is the soul of wit."
    You are one witty woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bawahahaha! Cute!And straight to the point! Love it!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  3. You said a lot in a few words, ha. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not having read Jenny's, I thought yours was perfection!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bwahahaha! I loved this! Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha,ha, ha! Very clever! I think you cheated us with your quick wit though! :)

    I just posted my story. Please come by and check it out.

    Malisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!!!

    Thanks for the laugh.........cj

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! A study in succinctitude! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh JFC! You are one in a million!

    You just crack me up!

    I love your humor and your unique way of writing.

    Thanks for linking.

    Hope your Thanksgiving was chestnut-stuffed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Short, sweet and more clever per ounce than anyone else's Centus!
    Best wishes,
    Anna

    Anna's SC wk 29

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!