Yadda, yadda yadda.
Nothing like obligation to take the heartfelt feeling out of a message, ya know?
- I am thankful for my family...every single member, even the annoying ones (you know who you are).
- I am thankful that The Mister has a job, even though it's out of town. And he recently was told that his contract would be extended - so that means my wifely vacations will continue for the time being. Hello there, happy bank account! Sweet!
- I am thankful that we are all healthy, and relatively happy, that we are able to muster the cockeyed optimism necessary to carry us through our struggles.
- I am thankful for my home - it is comfortable and warm here. Oh, and messy, it's that, too...but messy suits me
- I am thankful for the people who work with us and The Boy to help him get along in this world. I am especially thankful for medication that is administered at bedtime.
- I am thankful for modern conveniences - electricity, running water, Netflix and fast inernet connections and computers that function as they should. Without them, I'd be sitting in the dark, writing this out in longhand and wondering what tree I could hide behind when I need to pee.
- I am thankful for abundant food that I do not have to plant, grow, feed, harvest or process. A special thanks to chocolate and Coke Zero, as they provide absolutely no nutritive value as they travel regularly through my digestive tract. I <3 you.
- I am thankful that we live in a country that is safe (other than that St. Louis 'most dangerous city' thing); where we are free to protest (as long as we have the properly executed permit), and where we can choose to practice our religion as we like (even though I'm sure that animal sacrifice is against the law).
- I am thankful that Abraham Lincoln, after being constantly nagged by Sarah Josepha Hale (editor of the magazine Godey's Lady's Book), agreed to set aside the fourth Thursday of each November so that we could all gather together and overindulge in high calorie, fat-laden food and smile at the the many blessings we do have.
Look for a bit of humor for Thursday's post, if you need a giggle.