November 19, 2010

You'll Think You Died and Went to Soup Heaven!

Image source
Thanks to Frank and Tammy, I experienced Soup Nirvana last night. They guided me to a recipe for Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup that is to DIE FOR!

Please don't die...just make the soup, and you'll know what I mean.

The Mister liked this soup so much that his post on Facebook had a wish that he had a bigger stomach, so he could eat even more of it!

With precooked chicken (like from a rotisserie chicken from the store, or leftover chicken), it only takes twenty (20) minutes of cooking time to get restaurant quality soup!

The only alteration I made to the recipe was to chop up an onion, 1/2 cup of carrots and a clove or two of garlic. I sauteed the veggies in olive oil for a few minutes ('til the onion was transparent) before I added them to the chicken/broth/water.

Do yourselves a favor and get the recipe here.

You can thank me later.


4 comments:

  1. Only 20 minutes for a healthy tasty slice of heaven? I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we'll be trying that one, we love soups in the winter with homemade bread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious!! I'll give it a try, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!