December 08, 2010

Rape Victims Survivors Should Really Be Pissed Right About Now...I Know I Am

I don't watch the Kardashians on TV, I'm not sure I could tell them apart...until now. On (George) Lopez Tonight, Khloe compares a TSA agent's search to being raped.

First of all, Ms. Kardashian Odom (or whatever name she uses) could have elected to do the full body scan thing. She rejected that option. 

She didn't want "that X-Ray to see everything, honey".


She says this after posing nude for a PETA ad:





Anyone else smell a hypocrite?

Since she rejected the body scan, she was subjected to a search by a female TSA agent.

Rape victims don't volunteer to be raped. 

I was raped when I was 20 years old. In my own home. Shannon, my 13-month old daughter, was taking her afternoon nap. 

I, for one, would have submitted to a naked body scan any day, rather than go through the trauma of being raped.

I didn't scream, lest Shannon try to climb out of her crib and fall, or worse yet, see what was going on on the living room floor. 

The rape is not something I talk about very often - The Mister is the only family member I've told...until now.


A TSA agent doesn't use a sexual organ as a weapon.


She complained that the agent was "aggressive".

I bet the woman didn't threaten to kill her if she told anyone, or promise to come back again when she'd like it better. My rapist/neighbor did.

Like I was liking any of it the first time.

Then she gets rewarded with more publicity (guess I'm guilty of it, too) for her comments. 

Know what happened when I called my husband (NOT The Mister) that day? He wouldn't even come home from work, he just told me to lock the door.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, even one who is crying wolf.

You can read the Huffington Post article, and view the Lopez Tonight clip here.

I don't usually curse when writing a post, but this one just pissed me off, on so many levels. 'Stupid bitch' was probably the most frequent epithet I uttered about Ms. Kardashian Odom.

6 comments:

  1. The khashadians make absolutely NO sense to me whatsoever, even before this. I don't even know why they're so "famous".

    People who joke about rape... or even use the word flippantly don't understand the reality of it when it really happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything you said. As a rape survivor myself, I am appalled that she compared the two. There is NO comparison and my opinion of her just dropped even more.

    I am so sorry that that horror happened to you too. I wish I could take it back for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my. I'm so sorry. And what a rat bastard your then husband was.

    I wish there was an email address we could send that skank an email about our anger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry this happend to you. It happend to someone very close to me just two months ago.

    I think that most everyone who does reality TV is a joke and should not be taken seriously about anything...especially that family!

    Thanks for your courage and honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ((hugs)) It's sad that someone can be so insensitive. I don't think anyone can understand how it feels to be victimized unless they have been through it. I don't watch any reality shows anymore. And I still couldn't tell you one Kardashian from another.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't imagine what you went through ... and how terrifying it must have been ... and to have your ex-husband's reaction be what it was. Jeez ... you've had one hell of life, lady.

    And some people should just keep their mouths shut when they don't know what they are talking about.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!