December 18, 2010

Saturday Centus - 12/18/10 - Dinner is Served!

Most Saturdays, I try to participate in Saturday Centus. Jenny Matlock, our hostess, comes up with a writing prompt - and we have a maximum of 100 words (not including the aforementioned prompt), to create a piece of fiction or non-fiction.

Be sure to click here to see all the great responses to this week's prompt!

My submission this week is definitely of the fictional variety. As usual, my prompt appears below, in bold.


Cliff had slaved for two days preparing for tonight's banquet. He had researched innovative gastronomic trends, and reviewed an array of international recipes, looking for just the right combination of flavor and texture. He wanted to titillate the taste buds of his finicky diners.


Menu

Asian noodle soup
Salad Alsien, with French sausage and dijon vinaigrette
Northern-inspired prime rib with au jus and horseradish
Ladyfingers with fresh berries and creme fraiche


Looking at the entree on his plate, a diner complained to his tablemate, "What was he thinking? OMG! Elves are soooo 2009! Their meat's tough, and the serving sizes are puny!"


Cannibals know their meat.


18 comments:

  1. I don't know but the menu sounds wonderful to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is FUNNY! I had to go back and re-read the menu after the end! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was GREAT! Loved the menu, and the last line sealed the deal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha! You did it!!! And with aplomb, I might add!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a bad, bad girl, June Cleaver.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I re-read the menu it takes on a whole new meaning! Well done Mrs. Cleaver.

    (I'm sorry but I just can't make it to your house for Christmas dinner. But thanks for the invite!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so creative. I love this unique take, with the specific menu items. What a fun centus!
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so twisted ... and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what more can be expected of elves ... sure they have some magic but i have never known them to be all that in the kitchen ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, Yuck LOL. I don't even want to think what the ladyfingers look like, ha, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was really a good use of this weeks prompt.. I loved the small details.. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Had me laughing....the last line definitely did....great story.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear June,
    Sorry I am late with my comments. Thank you for your kind words about my SC-text. Yes, you are right about my text being about envy in the workplace.

    Your SC-text is a wonderful show of the failure of good intentions! The prompt is used seamlessly!
    Well done!
    Best wishes,
    Anna
    For the benefit of other readers:
    Anna's SC#33

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are soooo neat!

    I'm reading this several times until finally an 'a-ha!' moment occurs to me and I think to myself...as I so often do...that JFC! She is really amazing!

    I hope you are having a lovely relaxing day recovering from a glorious and joyful Christmas!

    Thank you for linking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!