January 30, 2011

Alert the Media: This Post is Approaching the Cheerfulness Level of Rainbows and Unicorns

I have absolutely nothing to bitch about. If I were you, I'd check the horizon for flying pigs.

I'm working - sure, it's only slave wages at the tax office, but it's a job until mid-April.

The Mister's contract at work has been extended to the end of May! That means several more months with regularly scheduled wifely vacations! Woohoo! Oh, and he gets paid!

I attended a wonderful IEP meeting last week. A few days before the meeting, I got an email asking me what I wanted to see in the IEP. It was as if they think I know stuff. Go figure.

The Boy will be attending six weeks of summer school! That's six whole weeks where I don't have to guard the refrigerator while he's gone! He'll get to do all manner of fun stuff in summer school, as well as receiving continuing reinforcement about positive social skills.

In addition, The Boy continues to do well at his new school. He's not had any outbursts, and is making friends and showing empathy.

And if that wasn't enough good news, Tammy and Frank will be welcoming a new son, Russell Finn, this June! I'm confident that Seth will totally rock as big brother to the new baby.  


I fully realize that all this good news may prompt a change in our good luck - after all, I'm tempting the whole 'fate', 'Karma is a bitch', 'make plans and God laughs' energy in the universe.

But until the universe realigns itself to its usual 'Murphy's Law should be changed to June's Law because all the bad shit happens to her' way of working, it's all sunshine, rainbows and unicorns here!


7 comments:

  1. Well I enjoyed every second of this post. Because we need some rainbows and unicorns in our lives. An old wise one once told me that. oh wait, that was you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainbows and unicorns are good!

    A new baby is ALWAYS good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's about time someone gave you a break! The boy's situation sounds absolutely marvelous! And, the fact that he likes it!

    Enjoy and embrace the good times. They help you get through some of the bad ones.

    Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, hang in there girl-- surely something will go wrong and things will return to normal in the universe ;-)
    Congrats on all of these great turn of events!! Maybe it's what all of 2011 will be like for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey June! I HAVE been checking the skies for flying pigs, but all I've seen so far today...is all the various types of "precipitation" the forecasters have been predicting! I hope you ARE staying home and staying warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey ... you deserve some rainbows and unicorns for awhile!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!