January 22, 2011

Saturday Centus - 01/22/11 Sci-Fi Edition

Jenny Matlock's gone and done it now! She's picked a prompt and a genre that hold no allure for me - Sci-Fi is not my cup of tea. But, being a creature of habit, and a stubborn one at that, I thought I'd give it a try. 

As usual, the prompt appears below, in bold.

Helping Darwin
 
My mission? To explore Sector Four, in the constellation Absurdia. We landed without incident, and I exited the module to see a vast wasteland before me. The success of this mission is critical to our galaxy's survival.

After testing various air, soil and water samples, it is clear that Sector Four is suitable for human habitation. I am excited about submitting my report to ISA (Intergalactic Space Administration) officials.

I radio back to my co-pilot. “Beam me up, Scottie, there’s no intelligent life here…all of the remaining reality TV stars should feel right at home!”

18 comments:

  1. Well done! For not liking sci-fi you certainly did a great job with that prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was funny because there is such truth to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this story. And what a great idea! Please, please, please tell me that Snookie is going to be on the first transport :) Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, June!

    Truth and humor make a great combo.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny. Sounds like a good place for a lot of the REALITY show people. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truthfully right on and funny stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAHAHA! I love the name of the planet! Absurbia! It is sooooo perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! Goodbye Snooki! Hilarious twist at the end. If it were only that easy! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great piece and last line. You got a big laugh out of me. I like your clever wording (e.g., Absurdia).
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL Very Good one...I laughed out loud at the end...guess 'cause I have a extreme dislike for Reality TV and it's Stars !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice! A good sci-fi parody and a shot at pop culture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely brilliant! I'm so jealous that you could think of appropriate names!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The fact that you chose a plot that deals with removing all reality tv stars makes you my hero. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That a real twist to the tale....you rose to the occasion with a great tongue-in-cheek reference to Reality Tv.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are wicked cool. Sci-fi or not! I just love the way you write.

    Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!