February 17, 2011

Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop - A Post that May End in Divorce Court...Again

Ahh, Mama Kat! How she likes to stir up drama!

The prompt I chose this week:  

Husbands. A post that hopefully will not get you in trouble.


Fishing for Compliments? License Issued 1975 and 1996
When selection of mates was at hand
My privileges should have been banned

When fishing for mates was in season
I abandoned all logic and reason


I'd gotten one to set on my hook
Get hitched and then took a good look


I apparently had quite a knack
Snagging stinky men that should be thrown back

After twice landing men who were bad
I hung up my rod and was glad


To be free of the stench of the cads
Rotten husbands, and also poor dads

In 2008, the tides changed
And a final fishing trip was arranged


With husband requirements on a list
This specimen was not to be missed

So cautiously, I angled
For my hook, it was dangled


I let out my line a long way
And The Mister? -  he's the catch of the day!


Finally, I got my great wish
And landed a very fine fish


We've settled here in our own pool
Mostly sunny, though sometimes, it's cool

When he's bossy, unreasonable or mad
Or he gives me a look that screams "DAD"

I'm impatient and lazy
And think this man must be crazy

But, arguing is not a good plan
So we make up the best that we can


I'm sure that he loves me, without fail
And he's cute when he swishes his tail

And so, we continue our journey and swim
He's got my back, and he know's I've got him

We'll be happy, I pray, our whole life
And we'll remain blissfully as man and wife
For love found at our age
In life's book, turn the page
Our story without pain or strife.


Image source
I showed great restraint and did not use the following words: worm, mounting, tanked. Be sure to visit Mama Kat to see all the prompts and all the great responses!


10 comments:

  1. I love it!! Great job and congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! restraint :) Great fun to read! Congrats on the catch of a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever Cleaver! I absolutely loved this!

    Stopping by from Mama Kat's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun poem! Stopping by from Mama Kat's...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha! Very witty. Glad you finally found you a keeper. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! So glad for you that this hook was a keeper! Stopping by from Mama Kats WW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun post! I enjoyed your creativity. Congrats on landing a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job.. that was really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!! You are quite the talented poetess!!! Seriously. Do some more and have a little collection.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!