February 21, 2011

Microfiction Monday 02/21/11

This is my first attempt at Microfiction Monday, hosted by Susan at Stony River. I found this meme while reading Linda at Write from the Heart.


The goal? Using the picture, come up with a story of no more than 140 characters.


Scofflaw that I am, I came up with TWO stories, both true.

Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum
Before

The intake worker asked the usual competency questions. My son anxious, asked, “Am I on 24-hour lockdown?”
Smiling sadly, she said, “Honey, we’re ALL locked in here.” (140 characters)

After


Leaving my son here is always so hard. I’ve prayed daily to the psychopharmaceutical gods – may they get the right mix of meds this time. May his bipolar monster be slain. 
(140 characters)

Please check out all the other great submissions and leave some comment love!

6 comments:

  1. Great job. And no you aren't going to con me into doing this one. Just sayin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! I really enjoyed #1-just a hint of a mystery, but powerful!

    Since you're a newbie, I will point you to a helpful site for character counting(Susan posted it on her site some time ago):

    http://www.design215.com/toolbox/character_count.php

    Can't wait for your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool...good on you doing two takes! This is my first time as well...I definitely think I'm going to like this meme...:)

    Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, the truth of your stories breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked them both--but the first one really resonated with me...welcome to MM. Hope to read more. Cheers~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!