March 01, 2011

Saturday Centus - 02/26/11 Appearances Can Be Deceiving

Time once again to participate in Jenny Matlock's Saturday Centus

Consider this the mid-week edition. As always, the prompt appears below, in bold. 

Appearances Can Be Deceiving
Black turtleneck, tweed pencil skirt, seamed silk stockings and stilettos - the perfect ensemble. Walking quickly down the darkened street, Chris reached inside a coat pocket and pulled out three ATM cards. "Hmmm, which one should I use? I think George Gamble would feel honored if I used HIS card tonight!" 

The ATM machine began dispensing twenties. Chris confidently slid them into his handbag.

Who'd have thought that the 'Dumpy Downtown Diva' would rob again so soon?

"I don't care what they say. I think I'm stunning as a woman!" 


Adjusting his lipstick, he walked toward the next ATM. At this rate, they'd never nab him.


7 comments:

  1. You have an interesting mind. You know that right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a freaky, good twist...nice job !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS!!! A wonderful take on the prompt, and you went off in such an unexpected direction.

    Great Centus..........cj

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, you did really take it in a whole other direction! this was a wonderful read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved it, June. You never cease to surprise us.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. June! This cracked me up. We had friends visiting recently and the husband is an independent film maker. He is working on a film about a Drag Queen who is a murderer and I watched the trailer earlier today.

    Your little story just felt like a continuation of that! Loved it!

    You are wicked clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!