March 19, 2011

Saturday Centus - 03/19/11 - March Madness


Thanks to Jenny Matlock, I am assured that my Saturday mornings start with merriment and frivolity (and I am able to once again delay starting my domestic to-do list.

As always, the prompt appears below, in bold text.




It was a typical Saturday in Mt. Pleasant. Mary Elizabeth Crimonelli toiled in her flower bed, dispatching determined weeds from the loamy soil. 

Two seven-year old boys from down the street sat hunkered below Frances Dorchester’s picture window. Occasionally, they’d press their faces against the glass, then fall to the ground, giggling. Their laughter could not be heard above the sounds of 50s pop music wafting from the open window.

Their game came to an abrupt end as the curtain parted - and Frances’ face peered back at the voyeurs.

“Maybe I shouldn't do Sweatin’ to the Oldies in the nude, after all”, she moaned.

Link up with Jenny Matlock to play along and read all the great responses!

23 comments:

  1. Quite clever 'Freaking June'...I am truly jealous, envious...why did I not think of this? This was a pleasure to read and envision...perhaps even a vision of a past long since stored in my mind's eye...Peace and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a real jelly belly laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my what a great vision in writing, each and every word...to the fullest, and my oh my what a way to do one's gardening....! Thanks for nearly causing me to spill my coffee (LOL) in such laughter...but this was a happy treat for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this! I could see the boys giggling! That's what mine would have done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how well written and so funny too...good laugh for a Saturday morning when I'm moving in slow motion !

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEY!!! I've done Sweatin to the Oldies buck naked too..wonderful to know I'm not the only oddball out there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I took off my clothes to dance, it would be to the "Jelly Roll Blues!!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg. I freaking love it. You my friend rock. Thanks for being my writing pusher. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! Great job, June! Hilarious take on the prompt! This brought back so many great memories for me as a peeping Tom. Not really! They weren't so great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really fun, June. I can relate to Mary. Those boys are the scandalous ones.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. I knew this was going to have a twist but I didn't expect that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very clever! And funny too! This is the sort of text that I could never write, even though I think it would be fun! My mind is just not geared to think of things that way.
    Best wishes,
    Anna
    Anna's SC week 46 'curtain parted'

    ReplyDelete
  13. This made me laugh out loud. Those poor boys are probably scarred for life. That'll teach them to sneak around. Brilliant use of the prompt. Kat

    ReplyDelete
  14. heehee

    Once again, you leave me laughing out loud!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is too funny, June! I love it.

    If anyone peeps in on me and sees my naked body, they will get just what they deserve - a view of two boobs who have made a down payment on a condo in Boca and are headed south!

    Kudos...................cj

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, it's all about how you handled it. Like!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OK, cracking up over CJ's comment!

    You are so clever. I ended up not getting mine posted in time BUT I would never have thought of this...

    Really, really funny!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!