April 19, 2011

Hours to Fill and No Place to Go...The Leisure Time Edition

Now that my tax job is over, I have loads of time to perform my domestic duties to perfection goof off.

Starting today, from 7:15AM to 4:00 PM, I am alone! No refrigerator guard duty! Nobody to answer to! My day is mine, all mine!

Since I know that everyone can use a little downtime, I've chosen a few worthy sites time wasters that you can explore!

Word Libs
My kids loved Mad Libs! I found Word Libs, where we can create my own Mad Libs...and you can play along too!


Like the Mad Libs that you did as a kid (or your kids pestered you to fill out), just fill in the blanks of my story. I could actually see this as a weekly meme, if I were an organized meme-maven.


Alas, I am not.


Pilot Handwriting
This site is pretty cool. You fill out a paper (grid) with letters of the alphabet and either scan it into the computer, or capture the page on Webcam or digital camera.


Then magical stuff happens, and when you type, it comes out looking like your handwriting! Go ahead, watch the video...it's pretty cool.


That's the theory behind the site. I never could get the photo of my handwriting to appear perfectly horizontal...I blame it on my double vision. 


This is why I quit cutting my own bangs...a straight line to normal folks looks like it goes uphill to me.


Every time I'd cut my bangs, I looked like an escaped mental patient.


Please give Pilot Handwriting a try and let me know how it goes!


50 Writing Tools
I know I strive to be a better writer (when I'm not too lazy to put in the effort). Here's a list of 50 tools to help you write better. 


Fullbooks
Free (in the public domain) books, available to be read on your computer anytime. Find a classic and enjoy! Click here!


Know Exactly What to Say in Any Occasion
At a loss for words? Go here, and that will never happen again. Listed are 15,000 useful phrases, for all types of writing.


I really was hoping for category for insults - for example, "He was not burdened by intellect." Isn't that just the nicest way possible to call someone stupid?


What's your favorite time waster site?




6 comments:

  1. Oh how I loved Madlibs!! I just bought my oldest a Madlibs book the other day and she looked at me like I had 3 heads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a bunch for all this fun stuff. My spring break starts in nine hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow I'm totally going to try out the handwriting one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I get in trouble from Mr Jenners because of this post, I will be blaming you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, my favorite time waster site? I don't think I have just one! Blogging is my favorite time waster!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to have to try that pilot writing, that's freaky cool! I spend an inordinate amount of time blogging...there's just not enough time to make it everywhere I wanna go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!