April 23, 2011

Saturday Centus - 04/23/11 A Career Ending Shot

Jenny Matlock has thrown us another curveball for this week's Centus. Instead of a witty prompt, she has supplied us with a picture.

Oh, the rules are still the same. 100 word maximum, nothing too racy.



A Career Ending Shot


I used to be at the top of my game.

I’d been thinking about retiring for a few years now. I was worried that I had lost my edge.

After practicing my craft for a quarter century, I knew all the tricks, knew how to work all the angles.

Parents and kids alike loved me and my work.

Then HE walked in and sealed my fate.

I’m almost ashamed to put my name on the corner of THIS Easter portrait.

Once word gets out, I’ll be forced to take a job as a photographer at the DMV.



11 comments:

  1. Loved this!! I'm still laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything but the DMV!!! Thanks for the chuckle-Happy Easter:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! That's right! It's usually the photographer's name in the corner. Hee hee. Good one! Happy Easter!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it!!! Hey, here's a true story about the DMV--I renewed my license last year and had to have a new photo taken. When she handed me my license, my hair was YELLOW in the photo. I looked at it and secretly gagged. I asked her what the deal was with the yellow hair, and she told me it was just an extra service because I had been so nice and patient. All because when they called out my number, B36, I jumped up and yelled BINGO! True story! I swear!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha. June. This was actually so freaking funny. DMV. hahahah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand how this would kill anyone's career. Fun post!
    Happy Easter.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this one, June!

    I think you are the first in our crowd to write about a photographer. There are several occupations/roles that come to mind with this picture-prompt: waiter, actor, school teacher, parent, uncle, but not until now, photographer.
    Very clever and funny.
    Best wishes,
    Anna
    Anna's SC-51-Harvey's Place

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, I think I would have had a hard time keeping a straigt face if I had to photograph that! LOL stop in & read Defected Mansion

    ReplyDelete
  9. June, You have such a good way of stringing words together that string us along! Another good one!

    Namaste..........cj

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent job ! I agree after the bunny man shot...last stop, the DMV !

    ReplyDelete
  11. JFC! I am a fan. I will buy your books. I will come to your book signings. I will tell you, sincerely, that your writing is absolutely awe inspiring to me. My favorite kind of word crafting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!