April 30, 2011

Saturday Centus - 04/30/11 - Has It Been a Year Already?

Happy Anniversary to Saturday Centus! Yes, one year ago, Jenny started this wonderful meme.

Like always, she provides us with a wonderful prompt (appearing below, in bold text). And as an extra gift to us, she's allowing us to add a photo to our submission.




Has It Been a Year Already?


A year ago today, I married a wonderful man. We have many things in common, including our love of books. I must say that he devours books at an amazing rate. Some evenings, we’ll both lie in bed together and read. While I’m just getting into my story, he’ll have digested an entire volume of Shakespeare.

Have I mentioned that he’s smart? We have the most intellectual discussions – it’s like living with the Encyclopedia Britannica (oh, he loved those, too).

Other than the fifteen pounds he’s gained this year, he’s perfect.

Although the traditional gift for a first anniversary is paper, I decided to buy him a lamination machine.

Trust me, it’s for the best.

 Happy Anniversary, honey!


18 comments:

  1. Neat! And I have a laminator and I love it...so well...I think it is a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may well be for the best. Fibre doesn't hurt, but think of the ink. A true bookworm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or maybe a bookshelf? :) Nice entry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. heehee

    Love all the double entendre here. So cleverly done, June!

    =D

    PS. I guess a muzzle would be too cruel??

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea. My husband won't read books. But he is finding that he loves to read stuff on the computer so that's a start. Thanks again for encouraging me to do this meme. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! What a clever post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This guy must be a joy to live with...think of what it will be like at 25 years...50....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done! Very clever....as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, My imagination is running wild on the whys and wherefores of needing laminated paper!! :o

    ReplyDelete
  10. You gave me the giggles, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh indeed we'll trust your idea! Great fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant! Brilliant! Bravo!

    This was wonderful. I didn't get it to the very end!

    And even then, I wondered what a lamination machine was.

    OOOOOHHHHH!!! A LAMINATION MACHINE! I finally got it.

    Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohhhh ... loved it!!! took me a few minutes .... wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL! Wonderful! Love the cute twist at the end!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!