May 23, 2011

All I Need to Know I Learned in My Bathroom

Where do you do your best thinking? Where do you get your inspiration?

This week, I started getting all my inspiration in the bathroom.


 I know, you're all saying, "June, have you lost your mind?"

I bought a new shower curtain. It is filled with inspirational messages. So now, when I want to think big thoughts, and feel hopeful about things, or just want to get a dose of motivation, I can simply go to the bathroom and soak up all of the sayings. For someone who loves words, this curtain is da bomb!

Don't you just love a platitude?


The Boy was tasked with telling me what the sayings said (while I typed them in the post). I mentioned Hope first.

"Mom, I don't see it!"
My response: "You mean there's no hope?"

Hope for a miracle, but don't depend on it.

Love is the beginning, middle and end.

With Faith, everything is possible (Replace 'Faith' with 'duct tape' - Couldn't you see that as an advertising slogan?).

Confidence - If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, you're right (this one has enough of a smartass ring to it to be my favorite).

Sing like no one is listening (According to The Boy, it's best if no one IS listening when I sing).

At this point, he gave up helping me. Here are the rest:

Honor - The time is always right to do what is right (this blows my entire procrastination lifestyle).

Passion - Wherever you go, go with all your heart (this is The Mister's favorite).

Patience is the companion of wisdom.
Truth - Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.

Wishing - Dreams come true if you work hard enough (so Disney's Seven Dwarves had it right when they sang about going off to work?)

Dance like no one is watching (I only dance IF no one is watching).

Purpose - The purpose of life is a life of purpose.
Forgiving - Forgiveness is admitting we Are like other people (forgive me for this weird post, okay?).



Would it be too sick and twisted if I were to buy a rolling laptop stand and take the computer in the bathroom with me?






8 comments:

  1. I love this curtain! I also love your take on the sayings! No, I don't think you are sick to want to be productive while "taking care of business!"

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the inspirational messages, and it doesn't matter where the crap you get them. I get my inspiration in the shower, now that is not a pretty picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are good! Thought the purpose one reminds me of those dictionary definitions that use a form of the word you're looking up to define it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know which I love more; the inspirational quotes or your realist views on them. I'm with Linda, I usually get inspired while in the shower but I haven't come up with an effective, waterproof note taking system yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH I want thast shower curtain now.. although I don't have a shower that takes a curtain I would find someplace to put it..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would buy that shower curtain in a heartbeat but we have one of those glass door stall things. I love your little asides ... and good one "No hope."

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I have to say is, that if you were to say, bye that rolling laptop stand and wheel it into "the room", it might be safer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!