May 19, 2011

Are You Getting in Your Own Way and Preventing Your Own Success? Read this Book NOW (pretty please)!

I've been a lifelong procrastinator. I've also been a lifelong perfectionist. The two traits go h and in hand - because I can't do "it" perfectly, I put off doing "it" at all.

And by "it", I mean writing - really getting serious about writing. Putting lots of words together to tell a compelling story.

Note that I didn't say "perfectly compelling story" - but that's the phrase that would be in my head.


And since I can't do it perfectly, I find myself wasting valuable time on Facebook and trolling the interwebs for its never-ending supply of distractions.

And since my tax job has ended? I've even resorted to CLEANING to avoid writing. Yes, I know - Barbara Billingsley is spinning in her grave right now.


Anyway, today I visited Amazon.com during my rambling jaunt through cyberspace. I decided to check out the FREE Kindle books.


And I found this gem:





From the book: "a child has no trouble believing the unbelieveable, nor does the genius or madman...it's only you and I, with our big brains and tiny hearts, who doubt and overthink and hesitate."

Now for the really good news - this book is FREE for a limited time. Download it NOW.

Don't have a Kindle? Me either. Download the Kindle for PC app while you're at it.

Your dream may not be writing - it may be starting a business, or going back to school, or even decluttering the scary closet in the hallway. It doesn't matter. Do the work!

Maybe we can all get off our big hearts butts and do big things!

Are you with me on this?
 

3 comments:

  1. Ooo, oooo, I need that book, too! Thanks, Junie! I'll have to do the PC thing, because I don't have an e-reader of any kind...and I don't want one! I'm holding out for as long as I can! Yeah, I'm stubborn and old-fashioned!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have a Kindle. Is my best friend some days. And I love me some free stuff. So off I go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should change your name to June Freaking CLEVER!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments...I get all warm inside just reading them!